A Cut Above: The All-New 2024 GMC Acadia Is Bigger, Bolder, More Advanced and Luxurious Than Ever.
- 2024 GMC Acadia sets a new standard for luxury SUVs; more capacity, modern interior and exterior design, advanced technology and a luxurious cabin experience
- Longer, wider and longer; The Acadia brings increased passenger space, with expanded third-row cargo space and increased front leg room.
- Advanced technology upgrades include a 15-inch vertically oriented infotainment screen, available Super Cruise touchless driver assistance feature and Google’s built-in compatible technology.
- The most capable Acadia AT4 ever with a raised ride height, Active Torque Control AWD and off-road suspension.
DETROIT – GMC today revealed the all-new Acadia, redefining what a midsize SUV can be and ushering in a new era for the brand’s family of SUVs and crossovers. The 2024 Acadia is longer, wider and taller than its predecessor, with an all-new appointed interior, an elevated exterior design language, an enhanced array of technology and an extensive list of standard safety features.
“The mission of the GMC brand is to be a leader in capability, class-leading innovation and technological innovation,” said Duncan Aldred, global vice president, Buick and GMC. “The all-new Acadia showcases all that and more in a uniquely GMC way – and is a blueprint for what’s to come for the GMC SUV portfolio.”
More spacious and more powerful
The 2024 Acadia is larger in all dimensions compared to the previous model. It is 10.6 inches longer and 3.2 inches taller than the previous generation, enabling increased passenger width and an expanded seating configuration for seven or eight passengers, depending on trim.
Acadia’s larger size also means more storage space and versatility – including nearly 80 percent more cargo space behind the third row and more than 36 percent more behind the second row, compared to the current generation.
“For this next generation, our mission was to rethink Acadia’s design and proportions to create a bolder, more commanding, solid presence in the vein of the evolving GMC portfolio,” said Ben Zavala, design lead, GMC Acadia. “With its bold and powerful stance, the 2024 Acadia evokes a truck-inspired personality, infused with the brand’s signature feel.”
All Acadia trims are powered by a new 2.5L turbocharged engine that delivers more power and more trailering capability than the previous generation. Producing 328 horsepower and 326 lb-ft of torque, the new engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic on all trims and available all-wheel drive, including the unique Active Torque Control AWD system you can use off-road on the redesigned Acadia AT4 . .
The powertrain helps maintain the Acadia’s strong trailering capabilities. When properly installed, it has a maximum towing rating of 5,000 pounds1.
Available on Super Cruise2 driver assistance technology
The 2024 Acadia becomes the fifth name in the GMC portfolio to offer Super Cruise – a true industry first. advanced hands-free driver assistance system available on more than 400,000 road miles in the United States and Canada. It also marks the first time Super Cruise will be available on GMC models such as the Elevation Premium and AT4 as well as the Denali. The Acadia will receive the latest version of GM’s Super Cruise technology, which includes trailer assist and automatic lane change capabilities.3
Advanced technology, purposeful and innovative
In addition to its bold and modern exterior, the 2024 Acadia features an all-new interior with next-level technology integration and premium appointments. The centerpiece of the interior is GMC’s graphically oriented 15-inch diagonal infotainment system.4 display, which is common in all parts.
System overview includes:
- Customizable touchscreen displays
- Google built-in5 compatibility with available applications including navigation
- A high contrast display is available
Married to the Acadia’s new vertical graphics infotainment system is a new 11-inch driver information center.
In addition, the 2024 Acadia’s advanced technologies also include:
- Up to nine camera views for enhanced visibility6: Accessible via the central infotainment display, the nine available camera views include: Rear Camera View, Front Camera View, Top Up Down, Top Up Down, Mirror Rear Camera View, Front View Front, HD Surround Vision, Hitch and Rear View.
- Advanced safety and driver assistance technologies6: The 2024 GMC Acadia features an extensive list of advanced safety features and driver assistance technologies.6if it is together with:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Next Distance Indicator
- Front Pedestrian and Bicycle Braking
- IntelliBeam High Beam Assist
- HD Rear Vision Camera
- Rear Drive Support
- Safety Alert Seat
- Rear Traffic Braking
- Blind Spot Driving Assistance
- Close to Storage
- Rear Seat Reminder7
- Automatic Emergency Braking Junction
- Rear Pedestrian Detection
- Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Speed Limit Support
- Cyclist Alert
- Enhanced Routing Support
- Reverse Auto Braking
- Traffic Sign Recognition
Acadia AT4 – bad power
Off-road prowess reaches a new peak for the nameplate with the all-new AT4. Advanced off-road technology and features are matched by distinctive design cues and unique interior appointments, enabling customers to go further with confidence and comfort.
AT4’s unique features include:
- A 1-inch higher ride height and wider track, along with 18-inch AT tires that enhance stability, handling and off-road capability.
- Off-road suspension with hydraulic rebound control
- AT4’s unique Active Torque Control system for all wheels and dual-rear differentials for better traction and control in demanding situations.
- The front fender is reinforced with red AT4 hooks and integrated skid plates
- Selectable driving modes including Terrain mode and Hill Descent Control
- The AT4’s unique interior features Forest Storm interior with Mahogany stitching and additional chrome-metallic trim
Acadia Denali refined luxury
The Acadia Denali returns to redefine the premium midsize SUV, with new, stylish upgrades, advanced design cues and an extensive list of luxury features including:
- Standard one-touch folding second-row and third-row power-folding seats
- Distinct exterior and design elements, including unique accents, Denali’s signature grille and available, 22-inch forged aluminum wheels — the largest ever on an Acadia.
- An elevated interior with available panoramic sunroof, laser-etched real wood trim with Galvano chrome accents, and heated and ventilated leather-trimmed front seats and heated second-row seats available on board.
- Active noise-canceling technology and a premium Bose sound system with 12 standard speakers—and up to 16 are available on the Denali.
Coming soon from Lansing
The next-generation 2024 GMC Acadia will be unveiled at GM’s Lansing Delta Township meeting in Michigan.8 and is expected to be available in early 2024. Additional details, including pricing, will be announced closer to the start of production. More information is available at www.gmc.com.
GMC offers a wide variety of premium trucks and SUVs designed and built to the highest standard. With vehicles like the Terrain compact and full-size Yukon, the new Canyon and Sierra light-duty, as well as the world’s first electric truck GMC HUMMER EV, our trucks and SUVs deliver GMC’s signature blend of smart, precise technology. engineering and payment implementation. Built on a solid foundation of truck manufacturing since 1902, GMC is now sold in several countries around the world. Information on all models is available at www.gmc.com, Instagram at @GMC, Twitter at @GMC or at www.facebook.com/gmc.
1Requires available trailer package. Before buying a vehicle or using it for a trailer, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or equipment can limit the amount you can tow.
2Always be careful when driving and using Super Cruise. Do not use a handheld device. Requires a Super Cruise plan or trial. Terms apply. Visit https://www.gmc.com/connectivity-technology/super-cruise for compatible roads and full details.
3Lane Change on demand and Automatic Lane Change are not available during recording. Always be careful when driving and using Super Cruise. Do not use a mobile device. Requires a Super Cruise plan or trial. Terms apply. Visit gmc.com/connectivity-technology/super-cruise for compatible roads and full details.
4System performance varies by model. Full functionality requires Bluetooth and compatible smartphones, and USB connectivity for some devices.
5Google’s built-in services are subject to limitations and availability may vary by vehicle, infotainment system and location. Select the required service plan. Certain Google actions and functions may require account linking. User terms and conditions and privacy statements apply. Google, Google Play and Google Maps are trademarks of Google LLC.
6Safety or driver assistance features are not a substitute for the driver’s responsibility to drive safely. Read the vehicle’s owner’s manual for restrictions and important feature information.
7It does not identify people or objects. Always check the back seat before leaving.
8With parts available locally and internationally.