More than 30 cars sold in Brazil have a price of up to R$ 120,000 and may be affected by the measures announced by the federal government this Thursday (25). The data is from a survey conducted by g1 on the websites of car manufacturers operating in the country.
- See how the government’s move to reduce car prices will work
For the investigation, the article focused on the São Paulo area and the initial prices suggested by car manufacturers on their websites. Yet according to research, at least 10 companies sell cars up to R$ 120,000.
See below the list of cars that cost up to this amount:
- Fiat Mobi – BRL 68,990
- Renault Kwid – BRL 68,990
- Peugeot 208 – BRL 69,990
- Fiat Mobi Track – BRL 72,290
- Citroën C3 – BRL 72,990
- Fiat Argo – BRL 79,790
- Renault Stepway – BRL 79,990
- Volkswagen Polo 2023 Track – BRL 81,370
- Hyundai HB20 – BRL 82,290
- Chevrolet Onix – BRL 84,390
- Fiat Cronos – BRL 84,790
- Volkswagen Novo Polo MPI 2023 – BRL 86,390
- Renault Logan – BRL 89,560
- Hyundai HB20 Sedan – BRL 91,890
- Volkswagen Saveiro – BRL 94,490
- Chevrolet Onix Plus – BRL 96,390
- Toyota Yaris – BRL 97,990
- Peugeot Partner Rapid – BRL 98,781
- Fiat Strada Endurance – BRL 99,990
- Fiat Pulse – BRL 100,990
- Nissan Versa Sense 2023 – BRL 101,190
- Peugeot 2008 – BRL 102,990
- Chevrolet Spin – BRL 103,990
- Volkswagen New Virtus – BRL 104,390
- Fiat Strada Liberty – BRL 105,990
- Citroën C4 Cactus – BRL 108,990
- Fiat Cronos Precision – BRL 109,890
- Nissan Versa Advance – BRL 110,490
- Fiat Fiorino – BRL 111,990
- Fiat Strada Volcano – BRL 112,990
- Nissan Kicks – BRL 112,990
- Renault Duster – BRL 112,990
- Renault Oroch – BRL 115,900
- Volkswagen T-Cross – BRL 116,550
- Hyundai Creta – 116,560
- Chevrolet Montana – BRL 118,690
- Honda New City Sedan – BRL 118,700
- Fiat Pulse Audace – BRL 119,990
Measures to make cars cheaper up to R$ 120 thousand
- Tax reduction to reduce the final price of the car up to R$ 120,000 to 10.79%;
- Adoption of the reference rate (TR) as an interest rate for research and innovation projects;
- R$ 4 billion in dollar financing from the National Bank for Economic Development and Sustainability (BNDES), targeting companies that work with exports.
Action, according to the automotive industry, can do popular new cars cost less than R$ 60 thousand.
For now, the starting price of a new car is around R$68,000 – more than 50 minimum wages (today it is R$1,320). This value does not take into account the measures announced this Thursday.
According to the Vice President of the Republic and Minister of Development, Industry, Trade and Services, Geraldo Alckmin, the final price reduction may be even greater: The Government is considering allowing the direct sale of cars to individuals.
The discount will range from 1.5% to 10.79% depending on three factors:
- the current value of the car: cheap car, big tax discount;
- emission of environmental pollution: cleaner engine and production process, bigger discount;
- production chain: the higher the percentage of parts and accessories produced in Brazil, the greater the discount.
As announced by Alckmin, The Ministry of Finance will have 15 days to adjust the decision to tax laws – ie, calculate the loss of income and say what the compensation will be in the budget. After that period, according to Alckmin, the government will issue a temporary measure and order to control the issue.
- ANALYSIS: The measures to make cars cheaper are positive, but there is still a lack of transparency on the financial side.
The government announces tax cuts to reduce the price of popular cars