VOLKAN KARSAN – FINANSGUNDEM.COM / CONVERSATION OF WINNERS
With the announcement that TOGG, the first domestic car, is on the road, the number of electric cars in traffic will increase rapidly. Many drivers, who are environmentally friendly, want to drive economically, or for other reasons, are turning to electric cars. In this regard, the state of payment is ahead of demand. To this end, we recently traveled between Istanbul and Bodrum with an electric car and experienced for ourselves what can happen. We wanted to talk to an official about the questions and problems we had in mind, and we asked our questions to the General Manager of Eşarj Barış Altınay.
“THE SPREAD OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES, WANT TO GAIN MOBILE, WILL BE FURTHER INCREASED WITH TOGG”
– Mr. Altınay, can we hear from you about your experience in this sector and general information about the use of electric vehicles and charging stations in our country?
– The ever-increasing sales of electric cars have made us happy since the first day we started as Eşarj. The choice of an electric car, which was previously seen as an adventure, now stands for those who dream of a modern and sustainable world. The spread of electric cars, which is curious about those who want to find direction, will increase with TOGG. We are the first electric vehicle charging station players established in 2008. The number of electric vehicles in our country has been increasing rapidly in recent years and has reached close to 20 thousand vehicles. There are almost 5 thousand charging stations in Turkey, approx. 600 of them are high speed (DC). Like Eşarj, in more than 60 cities; We have close to 600 stations, more than 400 of which are high speed (DC), more than 1,000 sockets and an installed power of more than 40 MWh. In this sense, we are one of the biggest players in the industry. We are taking concrete steps towards our goal of owning 1,000 high-speed stations by the end of 2023.
“IN DC FAST CHARGING STATIONS, 80 PERCENT OF CHARGING LEVEL IS REACHED IN 30 MINUTES, WHILE IT TAKES APPROXIMATELY 6-7 HOURS FOR AC’S”
– What measures should be taken and what kind of progress should be made so that drivers can drive with electric vehicles, especially on long roads, using less time and taking less paid breaks?
– Vehicle technologies and charging technology are improving every day. Although the technology of vehicles and the capacity of the batteries they make allow for long ranges, the provision of charging solutions for these vehicles is becoming more and more important day by day. While the 80 percent charge level is reached in 30 minutes in DC fast charging stations, this time takes about 6-7 hours in AC. At this point, it is possible to say that DC charging stations show the best performance in saving time.
Off-grid solutions are also needed to increase capacity in regions with heavy vehicular traffic. Similarly, the number of high-speed stations has increased more than 2 times after the investment of different payment operators.
“Since the costs of stations are affected by many factors such as the type of station, location, business model, operators can use different pricing policies”
– Why is the price difference between companies important, what difference did price requests make based on kilowatts instead of prices based on time?
– Although it is possible for operators to use different tariffs on the basis of station power, there is no possibility to differentiate on the basis of time or location. Since the investment and operating costs of facilities are affected by many factors such as the type of facility, location and business structure, different operators may use different pricing policies. I can say that the request for tax on KW has been a beneficial change for customers in terms of not charging an additional fee after the car has been charged.
“IN THE WORLD IN 2022, THE NUMBER OF STATIONS WAS A LITTLE ABOVE 3 THOUSAND AND IT EXCEEDED 5 THOUSAND TODAY”
– The charging capacity of new generation and advanced vehicles is very large. How and when can the speed and capacity of AC and DC chargers serving in our country be increased?
– The number of payment centers has increased rapidly in recent times. The number of stations, which was more than 3,000 at the beginning of 2022, has now exceeded 5,000. Infrastructure work in this regard is progressing rapidly. However, offline solutions are also needed to increase capacity in regions with heavy vehicle traffic. Similarly, the number of high-speed stations has increased more than 2 times after the investment of different payment operators, especially Eşarj. This also means that installed capacity is growing rapidly.
“WE PARTNER WITH TRANSPORT SYSTEMS AND MAP PROVIDERS REAL DATA SUCH AS LOCATION INFORMATION, COORDINATION, HARDWARE AND POWER DATA SUCH AS FITNESS, FAILURE, PRICE OF PROFESSIONAL REPAIR CENTERS”
– In countries where electric vehicles are widely used in the world, the navigation connections of charging stations are very high. Is there any progress on this?
– Information such as the power and availability of channels currently available to the respective payment operators or independent software. However, we continue our collaboration with national and international software companies to display more detailed information as well as location information added to navigation and map applications.
We share static data such as location information, coordinates, hardware and dynamic data such as availability, performance, pricing of our stations and navigation systems with mapping service providers (NSP) through technical collaboration. We primarily do this sharing through our web service Eşarj Pulse, which implements the world-class OCPI protocol. We also share data with those who have not yet complied with this, through manual data transfers. Among the companies and institutions with which we are connected are Google, Hapa, Tomtom, Chargetrip, Telenav; Although we have Jaguar, BMW, Volvo, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, GM, Mazda, among the companies with which we will complete our connections in the near future are PlugShare (OCPI), OpenChargeMap (OCPI), Google (manually – through Google Business. ), Apple Maps, Yandex Maps.
“WE ARE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT SECURITY, IMPORTANT PROCEDURES AND REPORTS ARE COMPLETELY FOLLOWED IN THE DISCOVERY AND INVESTMENT PROCESSES”
– Can we get your suggestions and recommendations for charging devices in the shelter?
– More cost-effective private solutions are preferred in residences compared to facilities in public areas. At this stage, we are particularly sensitive about security. Our field teams have the necessary occupational health and safety training. Important procedures and reports are followed in the search and installation processes. I would also like to say that we are the first operator to guarantee all its stations, as the first company. In fact, this is a very important indicator of our sensitivity in this matter and the confidence we have in our way of doing business.
“ELECTRICITY PRODUCED FROM RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES IS THE MOST IMPORTANT LEVEL OF GLOBAL NET ZERO EMISSIONS GOALS”
– Is it possible to compare the carbon footprint of a petrol car per 100 km with the average carbon footprint of an electric car in generating the energy used per 100 km?
– Unfortunately, it is not possible to directly compare the pump-to-wheel carbon footprint for fossil fuels with the carbon footprint of electric vehicle energy production. In fact, the most decisive factor at this stage is the method of energy production. At this point, electricity produced from renewable energy sources is the most important pillar of the global zero emission goals. Thanks to the Eşarj Renewable Energy Source Guarantee System (YEK-G), our users encounter 100% renewable green energy when charging their cars.
“WE BELIEVE THAT CUSTOMERS’ COMPLAINTS WILL BE RESOLVED AFTER A SHORT PERIOD WHEN RULES AND ACTIONS MEET”
– Can strict measures be taken to prevent charging stations from being used as parking spaces, especially in shopping malls?
– This problem causes an increase in customer complaints day by day in our country where the number of electric cars is increasing rapidly. An argument that will have a real impact here will be the introduction of legal measures that have begun to be used in many different countries, as well as in our country. We believe that it can be solved in a short time when the principles and measures meet.
What will happen to the economy after May 14? Shocked response from Murat Sağman
Serim: Turkish coffee has become the first drink to be included in the UNESCO cultural heritage list
Prof. Dr. Murat Şimşek: The wounds of a disaster can be healed with zakat
Turgay Artam talked about the great benefits of being a collector
How do limited liability company partners benefit from tax benefits?
The way to a building that won’t collapse in the Istanbul earthquake from ‘Legendary Architect’ Hasol