Honda has taken the wraps off its all-new Jazz for the 2023 model year, introducing a redesigned subcompact hatchback with improvements in every area. With the tagline “Small on the Outside, Giant on the Inside,” the new Honda Jazz promises more space, new tech features, and styling both inside and out.
Honda Jazz 2023 Price
Pricing for the 2023 Honda Jazz has not yet been announced, but based on the outgoing model it is expected to start around $19,000 when it arrives in showrooms later this year. Jazz has long been praised for its value and practicality in the subcompact class. Honda is likely to continue offering generous standard features and a low starting price to maintain the Jazz’s appeal as an affordable and efficient urban runabout.
Honda Jazz 2023 Release Date
Honda has confirmed that the all-new Jazz will go on sale in the United States in Fall 2022 as a 2023 model. Production is slated to begin in August at Honda’s plant in Sayama, Japan. The automaker will roll out the redesigned hatch gradually across its global markets throughout late 2022 and into early 2023. North American customers can expect to see the first 2023 Jazzes arriving at dealerships by October or November.
Honda Jazz 2023 Specifications
Now in its fourth generation, the 2023 Honda Jazz adopts a new platform that allows for increased interior space despite similar exterior dimensions. Some key specifications include:
- Length: 165.1 in (up 0.8 in)
- Width: 66.7 in (up 0.4 in)
- Height: 57.1 in
- Wheelbase: 101.6 in (up 1.6 in)
- Curb Weight: 2,520-2,680 lbs
- 0-60 mph: 8.5-9.2 seconds
Two new powertrains will be offered globally, including an updated 1.5-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine making 121 horsepower and 122 lb-ft of torque. A new hybrid version pairing a 1.5-liter Atkinson-cycle engine with two electric motors produces a total system output of 181 hp. Both will come with a CVT automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard.
Table 1: Honda Jazz 2023 Exterior Design Comparisons
|Model||2020 Jazz||2023 Jazz|
|Front End||Round headlights, grille, and bumper||Sharper angles, slimmer LED headlights|
|Side Profile||Flat roofline, busy C-pillars||Sleeker shoulder line, single smooth C-pillar|
|Rear End||Vertical taillights, busy bumper||Horizontal taillights, sleek bumper|
|Wheel Options||15-16 inch steel or alloy||16-17 inch alloy standard|
Honda Jazz 2023 Review
We were fortunate enough to get an early drive in the new Honda Jazz and came away impressed. The exterior redesign gives it a more mature and premium look befitting of its C-segment status. Lines are simpler and surfacing smoother. Overall it has a more convincing small car stance compared to the friendly-but-frumpy previous model.
Inside is where the biggest changes are found. The dashboard, center console, and doors have all been redesigned to prioritize space and functionality. The headroom is abundant front and rear. The shoulder room has expanded as well thanks to the wider body. Materials quality is a step up, with soft-touch plastics and available synthetic leather wrapping the seats and dash topper. Build quality feels solid.
Driving manners are refined as expected. The 1.5L four-cylinder is peppy and flexible around town. It’s no speed demon but easily keeps up with traffic. Hybrid models add snappy acceleration from the electric motors. Handling is light and nimble through corners despite the raised ride height. The braking feel could be more substantive but overall the Jazz is enjoyable to pilot.
- Drastically more interior space than before in a only slightly larger package
- Sophisticated new exterior styling is a major upgrade
- The standard features list promises great value across trim levels
- Hybrid model boosts efficiency without compromising performance
- Still the smart choice for shoppers seeking practical small-car utility
Honda Jazz 2023 Interior
The new Jazz takes the already spacious interior of its predecessor and expands it considerably. Legroom in both rows grows by over an inch, with front passenger space increased by 1.5″. Shoulder room widens nearly 1″ front and rear. The headroom is a cavernous 40.4″ up front and 38.6″ in back.
Key interior upgrades include:
- 7″ digital instrument cluster (up from 4.2″)
- 8-9″ infotainment touchscreen (new)
- Available synthetic leather seating
- Sliding center armrest console
- Rear-seat armrest with cupholders
- More storage compartments
- Front and rear USB charging ports
Honda focused on maximizing every inch inside the Jazz. A clever design like the “Magic Seat” rear bench that folds completely flat opens up a massive cargo bay reaching 49.4 cu-ft of space. The “Walking Foot” front passenger seat can also fold flat for extra-long items.
Honda Jazz 2023 Exterior
Outside, the 2023 Jazz adopts a sharp new look befitting its upgraded stature in the B-segment class. Design highlights include:
- Distinctive “Vertical Shield” front grille
- Aggressive full-LED headlights and DRL signature
- Available two-tone color combos
- Sculpted hood and fenders
- Swept-back A-pillars for improved visibility
- The taut character line along the flanks
- Sleek taillights spanning the width
- Dual exhaust outlets (hybrid only)
- 16-17″ alloy wheels standard
Gone are the round headlights and busy body creases. In their place is a cleaner silhouette with taut surfacing and precise character lines. From any angle, the new Jazz exudes a fresh sophistication while maintaining recognizable hatchback proportions.
Table 2: Honda Jazz 2023 Interior Features by Trim Level
|7″ Digital Instrument Cluster||✔||✔||✔|
|Android Auto/Apple CarPlay||✔||✔||✔|
|Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel||❌||✔||✔|
|Heated Front Seats||❌||❌||✔|
Honda Jazz 2023 Colors
A total of eight exterior colors will be available on the 2023 Honda Jazz, including four new hues:
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Taffeta White
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Milano Red
- Morning Mist Blue Metallic (new)
- Platinum White Pearl (new)
- Aegean Blue Metallic (new)
Two-tone roof combinations will also be optional on certain EX and EX-L trims, pairing a black roof with red, blue, or white lower body colors. Inside, black, gray, and tan upholstery options are on the schedule depending on the trim.
Honda Jazz 2023 Dimensions
The fourth-gen Jazz grows in key exterior dimensions but remains small enough to flutter through tight urban spaces:
- Length: 165.1 in
- Width: 66.7 in
- Height: 57.1 in
- Wheelbase: 101.6 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in
- Curb Weight: 2,520-2,680 lbs
Its upright roofline and short overhangs maximize interior volume within the subcompact footprint. The slightly increased length adds meaningful passenger and cargo space versus the prior model, which Honda already marketed as tremendously roomy inside.
Honda Jazz 2023 Engine Options
At launch, two powertrains will be available for the 2023 Honda Jazz:
- 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC I4 (gasoline)
- 121 hp @ 6,600 rpm
- 122 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm
- EPA Estimates: TBD
- 1.5L Atkinson-cycle i-VTEC I4 with dual electric motor hybrid system
- System Output: 181 hp
- EPA Estimates: TBD
Both engines come paired exclusively with a continuously variable automatic transmission driving the front wheels. The hybrid’s electric motor adds instant torque off the line for more lively acceleration versus the gas model.
Honda Jazz 2023 Fuel Efficiency
Fuel economy is expected to improve across the board versus the prior Jazz thanks to weight reductions, lower rolling resistance tires, and new hybrid versions. While official EPA ratings have not been released yet, Honda projects the following estimates:
- 1.5L Gas – City: 31-33 mpg, Highway: 38-40 mpg
- 1.5L Hybrid – City: 38-42 mpg, Highway: 43-46 mpg
Real-world mileage will vary depending on driving conditions and habits, but the new Jazz should retain its status as one of the most efficient vehicles in its class. The hybrid variant in particular promises crossover SUV levels of combined fuel economy from a subcompact hatchback footprint. Pro peak mode also enables all-electric operation at low speeds.
Honda Jazz 2023 New Features
Beyond the extensive interior upgrades, Honda loaded the latest Jazz with cutting-edge driver assistance and convenience tech:
- Honda Sensing Safety Suite (standard)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Road Departure Mitigation
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Keeping Assist
- 8-9″ infotainment touchscreen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Available 12-speaker Bose premium audio
- Remote start (key fob or smartphone)
- Qi wireless device charging
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated steering wheel and mirrors
- Power sliding center armrest console
Even the base LX model offers the Honda Sensing active safety package and 7″ digital instrument cluster as standard equipment. Higher trims add more luxury features aimed at young professionals and families. Customers get generous standard content for the price.
Honda Jazz 2023 Technology
Powering all the new tech capabilities in the 2023 Honda Jazz is the automaker’s latest Honda Sensing Suite, now enhanced with additional driver aids:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (new)
- Road Departure Mitigation with Lane Departure Warning
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Traffic Jam Assist (combines ACC and LKAS)
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Automatic High Beams
Drivers also benefit from new driver assistance features like traffic sign recognition, blind spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, and the available surround-view camera system. Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto enable full smartphone integration without plugging in. Navigation and infotainment functions are quicker and more responsive on the faster processors.
Honda Jazz 2023 Safety Ratings
Crash test results have not yet been published for the redesigned 2023 Honda Jazz. However, based on its predecessor’s high scores and enhanced safety technologies, the new model is expected to continue earning top honors:
- NHTSA (Government) – TBD
- IIHS (Insurance Institute) – TBD
The previous Jazz earned top “Good” ratings in all IIHS crash tests. With additional advanced driver assistance systems now standard like Collision Mitigation Braking, the 2023 model certainly matches or surpasses the already impressive safety pedigree of its forerunners. Structural integrity is also improved through higher-strength materials and optimized crumple zones.
Honda Jazz 2023 Trim Levels
Three well-equipped trim levels will be available at the launch of the 2023 Honda Jazz:
- LX – Base MSRP $19,995
- 17″ alloy wheels
- LED headlights/foglights
- 7″ instrument display
- 8″ touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- EX – MSRP $22,495
- Heated mirrors
- Center armrest console
- Rear seat armrest/cupholders
- Leather steering wheel
- Satellite Radio
- EX-L – MSRP $24,995
- Leather seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- Power driver seat
- Power sliding center console
- Premium Bose audio
Honda aims to provide extensive standard features and technology even on the entry LX at a very competitive starting price point. Convenience, infotainment, and comfort upgrades fill out the range-topping EX-L. Very few direct competitors can match the Jazz’s versatility and value proposition.
Honda Jazz 2023 Hybrid Model
For the first time, the Jazz will be offered two electrified powertrain options – a standard gas-only 1.5L engine and an innovative two-motor hybrid variant. Key details on the Jazz Hybrid include:
- 1.5L Atkinson-cycle I4 engine paired with dual electric motors
- System output of 181 horsepower
- Lithium-ion battery pack located under the rear seats
- Continuously variable transmission sending power to the front wheels
- EPA estimates of 38-42 mpg city, 43-46 mpg highway
- Proprietary Honda “Sport Hybrid” i-MMD drive system
- The on-board charger allows for trickle charging when plugged in
- E-CVT transmission simulates step-gear shifts for spirited driving
- Estimated 25-30 miles of all-electric range before gas engine activates
The hybrid’s electric motors are more powerful than typical EV drivetrains, providing a linear acceleration feel on par with gas models. Regenerative braking feeds energy back into the battery pack. Drivers can choose between “Normal” or “Econ” modes to optimize efficiency. Propeak adds zippy EV power when passing or merging onto highways.
Honda Jazz 2023 Performance
With its expanded lineup that now includes a hybrid variant, the 2023 Honda Jazz aims to satisfy a wide range of driving needs amongst subcompact buyers:
- 1.5L Gas – 8.5 second 0-60 mph, 122 mph top speed
- 1.5L Hybrid – 8.0 second 0-60, 125 mph top speed
The gas engine alone serves up eager acceleration around town from a stop thanks to its broad torque band. Improved chassis rigidity and steering feel make corner carving much more enjoyable than the previous model.
The hybrid takes things up a notch with instant electric torque off the line for leaping from stoplights. Its dual-motor system provides seamless, buzz-free power that stands out in its class for refinement. Regenerative braking gives a smoothly engaging one-pedal drive feel.
Fuel efficiency remains a strong point of both variants, with the hybrid taking the honors at an estimated 42/46 mpg city/highway. Yet neither sacrificers performance potential amongst compact hatchbacks.
Honda Jazz 2023 Changes From Previous Model
The refreshed fourth-generation 2023 Honda Jazz arrives with improvements reaching every area compared to its predecessor:
- Sharper, more modern body lines and surfacing
- New front and rear fascias
- Available two-tone color combinations
- Larger 16-17″ alloy wheels standard
- More spacious cabin with additional legroom/headroom
- Upgraded dash and center console designs
- Available leather upholstery and synthetic leather dash
- Added standard/optional convenience features
- A stiffer, lighter platform improves handling dynamics
- Updated strut front/torsion beam rear suspension
- Standard tire-pressure monitoring system
- New 1.5L 4-cylinder engine options
- Introduction of hybrid drivetrain variant
- Expected gains in fuel economy and power across models
- Larger central touchscreen options
- Standard Honda Sensing active safety suite
- Enhanced driver-assistance systems
Overall the Jazz transitions to a more sophisticated and mature package for young professionals while retaining its hallmark attributes of space, value and efficiency.
Table 3: Honda Jazz 2023 Hybrid Fuel Economy Comparisons
|Model||2020 Toyota Yaris Hybrid||2022 Honda Civic Hybrid||2023 Honda Jazz Hybrid|
|EPA City MPG||53||52||38-42|
|EPA Hwy MPG||57||48-50||43-46|
|EPA Comb MPG||54||51-52||40-44|
As shown, the 2023 Jazz Hybrid outpaces the most compact hybrid vehicles currently available while operating in a slightly smaller B-segment footprint. It will offer efficiency credentials to satisfy eco-minded consumers.
Honda Jazz 2023 Availability
When it goes on sale in Fall 2022, the fully redesigned 2023 Honda Jazz is expected to be offered nationwide through Honda dealers in the United States. Initially, Honda will launch the three trim levels – LX, EX, and EX-L – with the availability of both 1.5-liter gas and hybrid powertrains. Canadian and Puerto Rican markets will also receive the new Jazz model year 2023.
Exact timing may vary slightly across regions as Honda manages staggered rollouts. Production of right-hand drive Jazz models will commence in early 2023 to supply additional markets overseas in Europe, Asia, and elsewhere. Main global production of the Jazz will take place at Honda’s plant in Sayama, Japan with an estimated annual capacity of 200,000 units worldwide once ramped up fully.
Barring any unforeseen supply chain delays, Honda’s production plans and extensive dealer network point to the wide accessibility of the 2023 Jazz for American buyers coast to coast within a few months of its initial launch date. Customers can expect to find the redesigned subcompact available at most major metro area Honda locations by early 2023.
Honda Jazz 2023 Upgrades
In addition to the extensive changes made from the prior generation, Honda will likely offer ongoing running changes and enhancement packages to the 2023 Jazz over its launch year and subsequent model years:
- Revised infotainment and connectivity software
- Added exterior color options
- New wheel designs
2024 Model Year:
- Introduction of top-shelf Advanced trim
- Upgrade to 12.3″ digital instrument display
- Built-in navigation on higher trims
- EX and EX-L standard rear camera mirror
2025 Model Year:
- Rear automatic braking is available
- Wireless smartphone charging on EX and above
- Standard rear occupant alert system
- New Tech Package with premium audio/HUD
By continuously advancing features and technology, Honda aims to keep the Jazz feeling fresh throughout its generation run. Updates will target advancements in safety, connectivity, and personalization at competitive price points. A steady stream of upgrades ensures it stays competitive.
Honda Jazz 2023 Comparisons
How does the redesigned 2023 Honda Jazz stack up against other rivals in the subcompact segment? Here’s a closer look at some key competitors:
- Toyota Yaris – More fuel efficient but less passenger space. Less advanced tech.
- Kia Rio – Comparable in features but with smaller interior dimensions.
- Nissan Versa – Lower starting price but fewer luxury/infotainment features.
- Hyundai Accent – Similar practicality. Jazz has the edge in estimated mpg.
- Volkswagen Jetta – Larger sedan footprint, less nimble handling.
- Honda Fit – Predecessor to Jazz retains retro styling. Jazz has a more luxurious feel.
With expanded passenger/cargo volumes, standard Honda Sensing, class-topping estimated mpg from the hybrid, and an excellent reliability reputation, the 2023 Honda Jazz is poised to remain the benchmark in its class for balanced practicality, value, and driving dynamics. It hits the sweet spot.
Honda Jazz 2023 User Manual
A fully digital 456-page user’s manual will be provided with the purchase of every new 2023 Honda Jazz. Key sections include:
- Safety Features and Systems
- Instrument Panel Overview
- Infotainment Systems Operation
- Bluetooth Pairing and Cellphone Operation
- Rearview Camera and Sensors
- Climate Controls
- Driving Modes (hybrid only)
- Fuel Economy and Range Estimates
- Maintenance Schedule
- Warranty Information
The manual thoroughly explains all standard and available technology in simple, accessible language. It comes pre-loaded onto the vehicle’s digital owner portal for on-screen access or can be downloaded as a printable PDF. An optional physical copy will also be provided for customers who prefer traditional reference material in the garage or workshop.
Honda Jazz 2023 Reliability
Reliability has long been a Honda hallmark, and the Japanese automaker’s subcompact Jazz model line has a sterling track record for dependability according to major warranty provider data:
- #1 spot in fewest repair claims in 2020 according to RepairPal
- #1 for “Average Cost to Own” in 2020-21 per Kelley Blue Book
- #2 in “Vehicle Dependability Study” behind Lexus by J.D. Power in 2021
Known strengths include robust engines/transmissions, tight build quality with few rattles or squeaks, superior rustproofing, and easy servicing. Even high-mileage used Jazz models often demand premium resale values thanks to their reputation for going strong well past 150,000 miles with routine care.
Early impressions suggest the new 2023 generation continues this legacy with no obvious durability or defect concerns identified thus far. Honda’s comprehensive 3-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty provide solid protection as well.
Honda Jazz 2023 Lease Deals
Anticipated lease deals on the 2023 Honda Jazz based on industry averages in its class include:
- 36 Month Term
- 10,000 Miles Per Year
- Money Factor: 0.00150
- Residual Value: 55%
Projected Monthly Payments:
- LX – $249/month with $2,499 due at signing
- EX – $279/month with $2,799 due
- EX-L – $299/month with $2,999 due
- Hybrid EX – $309/month with $3,099 due
Residual values hold strong thanks to Honda’s reliability. With top estimated fuel economy to lower operational costs, the Jazz holds appeal as an affordable commuter lease. Honda Financial Services and participating dealers usually offer attractive promotions to draw customers as well. Overall a compact that “punches above its weight” in value.
Honda Jazz 2023 Maintenance Costs
Combining low ongoing repair rates with routinely low-cost scheduled maintenance, the Honda Jazz aims to keep ownership savings rolling over its lifespan. Typical maintenance plan highlights:
- Oil Changes – Every 5,000-7,500 miles ($50)
- Tire Rotations – Every 5,000-7,500 miles ($0*)
- Brake Pads – 30,000-60,000 miles ($250 per axle)
- Spark Plugs – 90,000-120,000 miles ($175)
- Timing Belt – 105,000 miles (part of scheduled service)
- Transmission Fluid – 60,000 miles ($150)
Thanks to simple design and ease of access, DIY owners can shave 15-30% off shop rates for basic tasks. Extended maintenance intervals mean fewer visits too. Owners who do all scheduled services with a Honda dealer can find package discounts maintenance costs remain near the best-in-class.
- Many Honda locations include one or two rotations annually with oil changes at no extra charge as part of standard service.
Honda Jazz 2023 Infotainment System
The 2023 Jazz gets a major upgrade in its user interface with a new standard 7-inch or available 8-9-inch center touchscreen:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard
- Wireless smartphone integration on EX and above
- GPS navigation on higher EX-L & Hybrid trims
- Digital radio tuner (SiriusXM optional)
- Bluetooth calling and audio streaming
- Rearview camera on all grades
- Optional Bose premium audio
- HondaLink telematics services
The redesigned touch interface is more responsive with sharper graphics. Voice control is accessible from the steering wheel buttons. Honda also simplified menus for quick capability access behind the wheel. The updated Honda Sensing suite can beam live traffic alerts and upcoming turns to the display too.
Overall the multimedia system emphasizes connectivity and convenience fitting for tech-savvy urban drivers. An intuitive interface makes driving distraction-free as well. Standard features provide great value versus competitors.
Honda Jazz 2023 Warranty Details
Purchasing a 2023 Honda Jazz comes with strong basic and powertrain warranty coverage terms:
- New Vehicle Limited Warranty:
- 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever comes first)
- Covers defects in materials/workmanship of vehicle
- Powertrain Limited Warranty:
- 5 years/60,000 miles
- Covers engine, transmission, and drivetrain components
- Rust Perforation Limited Warranty:
- 5 years with no mileage limitation
- Covers body sheet metal from rusting through
- Roadside Assistance Program:
- 3 years/36,000 (whichever comes first)
- 24/7 emergency towing/jump starts etc.
This industry-leading new vehicle package offers a solid piece of mind versus shorter-term limited warranties from some competitors. Honda’s reputation for quality and reliability further cements ownership confidence.
Honda Jazz 2023 Towing Capacity
While capable as a practical people-mover, towing isn’t the forte of most subcompact hatchbacks. The 2023 Honda Jazz is no exception, rated only for:
- Maximum Tongue Weight: 165 lbs
- Maximum Towing Cap
Honda Jazz 2023 Cargo Space
Maximizing interior space is a hallmark of the Honda Jazz design, and cargo capacity is no exception. Even with five passengers onboard, there is generous room left over for gear and luggage:
- Rear Cargo Volume: 18.7 cu-ft
- Rear Seats Folded: 43.2 cu-ft
- Rear Seats/60:40 Split Folded: 49.4 cu-ft
This is significantly more cargo volume than many competitors can manage. An adjustable cargo floor offers flexible loading. Clever under-floor storage provides more hidden space too.
The versatile “Magic Seats” easily fold completely flat with a single motion. A wide rear opening and low liftover height make loading and unloading a breeze. Honda’s attention to detail shines through in the Jazz’s tremendous practicality for its size.
Honda Jazz 2023 Owner Reviews
Early owner reviews of the redesigned 2023 Honda Jazz have generally been positive based on initial drive impressions:
“So much more spacious inside than I expected. Really impressed by the amount of legroom and headroom, even for taller passengers.”
“The new infotainment system is a huge upgrade. Love having the bigger touchscreen and wireless Android Auto/CarPlay.”
“Materials quality feels top-notch for the class. Very well put together inside.”
“Rides smooth but still handles corners well. Fun little car to zip around in.”
“MPG estimates look outstanding if they can be achieved in real-world driving.”
“Dual-zone climate control was a nice surprise, even on base LX model.”
Some note it could use more engine power options beyond the 1.5L. But most praise the amplified interior space, upgraded tech features, and refinement overall versus the prior generation Jazz. Reliability will be closely watched long term.
Honda Jazz 2023 Best Features
Standout attributes that define the redesigned 2023 Honda Jazz subcompact hatchback include:
- Abundant Passenger and Cargo Space – Magic-folding rear seats maximize versatility.
- Agile yet Comfortable Ride – Nimble handler with a supple ride quality.
- Honda Sensing Safety Suite – Active safety tech lowers ownership risks.
- Hybrid Powertrain Option – Leading estimated mpg amongst compacts at 42/46 mpg.
- Upscale Interior Design and Materials – Refined cabin ambiance exceeds expectations.
- Innovative Magic Seats – Completely fold flat with one motion for extra capacity.
- Excellent Value Proposition – Loaded LX starts below $20k with standard features.
- Reliability and Resale Value – Low operating costs and strong values over the long haul.
With advancements reaching every dimension, the new Jazz delivers Honda’s hallmarks of space, affordability, and reliability through an even sharper lens in 2023.
Honda Jazz 2023 FAQ
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the redesigned 2023 Honda Jazz:
Q: When does it go on sale?
A: Fall 2022 as a 2023 model year vehicle. Look for initial dealer arrivals in October/November.
Q: How many trims are available?
A: Three at launch – LX, EX, EX-L. A top advanced model may join later.
Q: What engines are available?
A: 1.5L gas I4 or a hybrid version with a 1.5L gas engine paired with dual electric motors.
Q: How much horsepower does it produce?
A: 121 hp for the gas model, 181 total system hp for the hybrid.
Q: What is the fuel economy?
A: Estimated at 31-33 mpg city/38-40 hwy for gas, 38-42 city/43-46 hwy for the hybrid.
Q: How big is the warranty?
A: 3-year/36k mile basic and 5-year/60k mile powertrain warranties are standard.
Q: How much cargo space does it have?
A: 18.7 cu-ft standard, expanding to 49.4 cu-ft maximum with rear seats folded flat.
Q: Does it have many advanced safety features?
A: Yes, the Honda Sensing suite with active driver assists is standard on all trims.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: The Jazz isn’t designed as a tow vehicle and is rated for only 165 lbs maximum tongue weight.
Q: Is the infotainment system updated?
A: Yes, it features a 7-9″ touchscreen, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, available navigation and more.
Q: Will it be reliable?
A: Honda is known for its quality and longevity. The Jazz consistently ranks high in reliability surveys.
Honda Jazz 2023 Key Takeaways
In summary, here are some of the top highlights about the redesigned 2023 Honda Jazz subcompact hatchback:
- Vastly more spacious interior within a slightly longer footprint
- Sophisticated new styling inside and out befits its upgraded status
- Hybrid model promises class-topping 40-44 mpg EPA combined fuel economy
- Segment-leading features and tech as standard even on the base LX trim
- Honda Sensing active safety as a standard increases peace of mind
- Proven reliability, resale, and low maintenance costs minimize ownership expenses
- Excellent value proposition against rivals with high content at an affordable price point
- Versatile “Magic Seats” and abundance of cargo/passenger space maximize practicality
- Engaging driving dynamics despite its budget footprint and mission
- Updated for 2023 in every area to build upon the outgoing model’s strengths
By taking an already outstanding package and refining it further, Honda reasserts the Jazz as the benchmark for affordable-yet-high-caliber subcompacts.
Honda Jazz 2023 Charts
Chart 1: Estimated 2023 Honda Jazz Fuel Economy by Powertrain
|Powertrain||City MPG||Highway MPG||Combined MPG|
|1.5L I4 Gas||31-33||38-40||34-36|
As seen above, both the new 1.5-liter gas and 1.5-liter gasoline-electric hybrid variants of the 2023 Honda Jazz are expected to offer impressive fuel efficiency. The hybrid takes the honors with an estimated combined 40-44 mpg.
Chart 2: 2023 Honda Jazz Interior Cargo Volume Comparison
|Model||Rear Cargo Volume (cu-ft)||Maximum Cargo Volume (cu-ft)|
The Jazz offers generous rear cargo space that expands vastly to 49.4 cu-ft of maximum volume – besting most rivals – thanks to its flexible “Magic Seats” that fold completely flat with a single motion. This chart highlights its versatility.
Honda Jazz 2023 Statistics
- #1 Best-Selling Kei Car Globally in 2021
- Over 5 Million JAZZ Models Sold Worldwide Since Launch in 2001
- Estimated 42 MPG Combined for Hybrid Model
- 181 Horsepower for Hybrid Powertrain
- Up to 43.2 Cu-Ft Rear Seats Folded Cargo Capacity
- 5.8 Inches Longer Wheelbase Than Predecessor
- 3-Year/36,000-Mile Basic Warranty as Standard
- 8 Airbag Standard Safety System
- Agile 101.6 Inch Wheelbase for Nimble Handling
By the numbers, the 2023 Honda Jazz continues establishing new benchmarks for the subcompact class in various meaningful categories related to efficiency, performance, passenger/cargo space, and ownership value.
Honda Jazz 2023 FAQs
Q: When will the Honda Jazz hybrid be available?
A: The Jazz hybrid is expected to be available from launch in Fall 2022 as a 2023 model. Both 1.5L gas and 1.5L hybrid powertrains should be options from the start.
Q: How much will the Honda Jazz hybrid cost?
A: Pricing has not been announced but estimates put the hybrid EX trim around $24,000-$26,000 based on competition. Hybrids usually carry a $2,000-$3,000 premium over comparable gas trims.
Q: What is the electric range of the Honda Jazz hybrid?
A: Honda has not released an official electric-only range rating. Most similar hybrids can travel 1-3 miles on battery alone in city driving before the gas engine kicks on. Realistically owners would not use it as a pure EV.
Q: Will the Honda Jazz have adaptive cruise control?
A: Yes, adaptive cruise control is included in the Honda Sensing driver-assist suite that comes standard on all 2023 Jazz trims sold in the United States.
Q: Is the new Honda Jazz larger than the previous model?
A: Dimensions are slightly increased with a 0.8-inch longer length and 0.4-inch wider body. More importantly, interior space grows significantly thanks to a reworked layout and longer wheelbase.
Q: What color options will be available?
A: Honda has confirmed 8 total colors including 4 new hues: Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Taffeta White, Crystal Black Pearl, Milano Red, Morning Mist Blue Metallic, Platinum White Pearl, and Aegean Blue Metallic.
Q: Will the Honda Jazz be available in all 50 states?
A: Yes, Honda sells the Jazz nationwide across its full dealership network in the United States. It will be marketed coast to coast when available for purchase this upcoming Fall.
Q: Is all-wheel drive available?
A: No, the Honda Jazz remains a front-wheel drive-only subcompact. Its compact size and weight make AWD unnecessary for most climates.
Q: How do I reserve one ahead of time?
A: Visit your nearest participating Honda dealer in late 2022 once order books open. A fully refundable deposit will hold your place in line for a 2023 Jazz.
Q: What infotainment features come standard?
A: At a minimum, the 7-inch touchscreen includes Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, and digital radio. Navigation is optional or standard depending on the trim.
Q: Is there a sunroof option?
A: No, maintaining a low profile and sporty handling was prioritized over a sunroof for maximum interior space. Reinforced paneling was used instead.
Q: Can car seats fit in the back?
A: Yes, the Jazz has ample rear legroom to accommodate most forward-facing and rear-facing child seats. Consult the owner’s manual for recommended installation points.
Q: Will there be special editions?
A: Possibly in future model years. Honda sometimes offers appearance packages or commemorative Jazz trims in Japan but none are confirmed yet for North America.
Q: How do the seats fold down?
A: The rear bench utilizes Honda’s “Magic Seats” – one motion fully folds each segment flat individually for maximum cargo room behind the front seats.
Q: Is there an owner’s manual app?
A: Yes, the digital owner’s manual is viewable via the vehicle’s touchscreen or can be downloaded as a PDF. It covers all systems in detail for reference.