With the measures announced by the federal government on Thursday (25), which will apply tax reductions to cars up to R$ 120,000, at least 30 cars should be cheaper in Brazil.
- The new measures were announced by the Vice President of the Republic and the Minister of Development, Industry, Trade and Services, Geraldo Alckmin;
- What changes? According to Alckmin, the tax burden reduction will vary from 1.5% to 10.7%, based on three criteria: Social, Energy Efficiency and Production Chain (understand more here);
- Therefore, 30 cars should be cheaper in Brazil. G1 conducted a search on the websites of car manufacturers operating in the country to check the models that should have the price change;
- The study focused on the São Paulo region and the values expressed on the official websites of the companies.
It should be noted that the price described refers to the current value of the car, without discount measures.
- Fiat Mobi – BRL 68,990
- Renault Kwid – BRL 68,990
- Peugeot 208 – BRL 69,990
- Fiat Mobi Track – BRL 72,290
- Citroen C3 – BRL 72,990
- Fiat Argo – BRL 79,790
- Renault Stepway – BRL 79,990
- Volkswagen Polo 2023 Track – BRL 81,370
- Hyundai HB20 – BRL 82,290
- Chevrolet Onix – BRL 84,390
- Fiat Cronos – BRL 84,790
- Volkswagen Novo Polo MPI 2023 – BRL 86,390
- Renault Logan – BRL 89,560
- Hyundai HB20 Sedan – BRL 91,890
- Volkswagen Saveiro – BRL 94,490
- Chevrolet Onix Plus – BRL 96,390
- Toyota Yaris – BRL 97,990
- Peugeot Partner Rapid – BRL 98,781
- Fiat Strada Endurance – BRL 99,990
- Fiat Pulse – BRL 100,990
- Nissan Versa Sense 2023 – BRL 101,190
- Peugeot 2008 – BRL 102,990
- Chevrolet Spin – BRL 103,990
- Volkswagen Novo Virtus – BRL 104,390
- Fiat Strada Liberty – BRL 105,990
- Citroën C4 Cactus – BRL 108,990
- Fiat Cronos Precision – BRL 109,890
- Nissan Versa Advance – BRL 110,490
- Fiat Fiorino – BRL 111,990
- Fiat Strada Volcano – BRL 112,990
- Nissan Kicks – BRL 112,990
- Renault Duster – BRL 112,990
- Renault Oroch – BRL 115,900
- Volkswagen T-Cross – BRL 116,550
- Hyundai Crete – 116,560
- Chevrolet Montana – BRL 118,690
- Honda New City Sedan – BRL 118,700
- Fiat Pulse Audace – BRL 119,990
The move was well received, especially by those who miss the famous cars. According to the car industry, the new law could make cars cost less than R$60,000 again. Currently, the cheapest cars are around R$ 69 thousand (Fiat Mobi and Renault Kwid).
There is still no final date for the action to come into effect. The Ministry of Finance will have a period of 15 days to adjust the information to the financial laws.
Have you watched the new video? YouTube of Digital Appearance? Subscribe to the channel!