The refreshed Audi Q3 is here to enhance an already impressive crossover. The compact luxury crossover segment is more competitive than ever, with strong entries from brands like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus all vying for buyers’ attention.
Maintaining relevance in such a hotly contested space requires continuous evolution, and the 2023 Audi Q3 facelift delivers meaningful updates to keep this model competitive. Let’s take a closer look at the upgrades Audi has made with this mid-cycle refresh.
Audi Q3 2023 Updates
The 2023 Audi Q3 receives modest exterior and interior modifications as part of its facelift. While the overall design philosophy remains unchanged, subtle styling tweaks help give the Q3 a fresher appearance. Key updates include:
- Revised front and rear bumpers with new contouring and accents
- Redesigned grille and LED headlights with modernized lighting signature
- New wheel designs ranging from 17 to 20 inches
- Updated exhaust pipe designs
- Refreshed color and trim options
Inside, Audi has given the Q3’s dashboard and door panels a soft-touch material upgrade. Additional color contrast stitching and accent trim add to the upscale ambiance. The optional virtual cockpit now offers enhanced graphics as well.
Audi Q3 2023 Changes
Beyond just cosmetic tweaks, Audi has made some meaningful mechanical changes and feature updates to create a more well-rounded driving experience:
- Standard rearview camera and available 360-degree camera system
- Larger 10.1-inch infotainment touchscreen running MMI system
- Optional B&O premium sound system with 3D sound
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Available hands-free tailgate operation
- Revised adaptive suspension damping for smoother ride quality
- Optional sport differential for Quattro all-wheel drive models
Under the hood, the 2023 Q3 lineup offers a selection of 4-cylinder engines. The base 2.0-liter engine carries over 184 horsepower while a more powerful 2.0-liter turbo puts out 228 hp. A plug-in hybrid joins the range as detailed later.
2023 Audi Q3 Redesign
While not a full redesign, the visual changes implemented by Audi for the 2023 Q3 help give it a more modern appearance inside and out. The front fascia now sports sharper headlights and a bolder grille insert flanked by angular lower intakes. From the side, new wheel designs and creased character lines through the doors enhance its stance.
Around the back, Audi has given the rear bumper a sportier look through darkened elements and faux diffuser styling. Dual oval exhaust finishers and wraparound LED tail lights complete the refreshed rear treatment. These cosmetic tweaks are subtle rather than radical but achieve Audi’s goal of infusing more dynamism and curb appeal into Q3’s design.
Audi Q3 Facelift Features
Beyond the updated styling, the 2023 Q3 gains new features and technology to boost comfort, convenience, and connectivity:
- Standard wireless device charging and optional wireless Apple CarPlay
- Available Bang & Olufsen 3D premium sound system
- Standard rearview camera and available 360-degree system
- Optional hands-free powered tailgate operation
- Enhanced natural voice control system with learning capabilities
- Standard extra-large 10.1-inch MMI infotainment touchscreen
- Available head-up display projects info onto the windshield
- StandardAudi smartphone interface brings key apps onto the display
Audi’s suite of driver-assistance technologies, branded as “Audi pre sense,” also sees refinements. Adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist, active lane assist, blind spot monitoring, and park assist now come bundled as standard.
2023 Audi Q3 Exterior Modifications
The first thing most will notice about the 2023 Audi Q3 is the exterior styling updates. While retaining the core SUV coupe design language, Audi designers have given the Q3’s bodywork more prominent creases and character lines to lend it additional visual drama and dynamism.
Up front, the single-frame grille has been redrawn with a bolder honeycomb insert flanked by sharper intakes. Matrix LED headlights now come standard and integrate Audi’s latest lighting graphics in a refined sweep signature. The bumper has also been recontoured with larger central and outer air intakes granting a more authoritative presence.
Around the back, the rear fascia sports a darkened look through its lower valance. Integrated dual oval exhaust finishers and wraparound LED taillights complete the refreshed rear treatment. New wheel designs ranging from 17 to 20 inches round out the Q3’s enhanced road presence. Subtle yet effective, these exterior changes elevate the Q3’s on-road image.
Audi Q3 Interior Enhancements 2023
In addition to the exterior updates, Audi has given the Q3 cabin a refresh through new materials, colors, and optional features. Up front, premium soft-touch materials now grace the instrument panel, center console, and doors to enrich the interior environment. The available two-tone color scheme adds visual contrast.
Audi’s latest 10.1-inch MMI infotainment touchscreen comes as standard equipment. It runs the latest version of the MMI operating system with enhanced graphics, response times, and extra functionality like Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. Available Bang & Olufsen audio pumps out crisp 3D sound through its optional 16-speaker system.
Other notable interior features for 2023 include standard wireless device charging, optional customizable ambient lighting, a standard digital instrumentation panel, and available 4-zone automatic climate control. Overall, the updated interior helps reinforce Q3’s premium small SUV positioning versus competitors.
2023 Audi Q3 Specifications
As part of the mid-cycle refresh, Audi has revised some key specifications and introduced additional variants to expand the 2023 Q3 lineup:
- 2.0L I4 turbo engine with 228 hp (standard in Prestige)
- 2.0L I4 with 184 hp (standard in Premium trim)
- 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch auto transmission
- Quattro all-wheel drive is standard across the range
- 0-60 mph estimate of 5.5 seconds (2.0T models)
- Towing capacity increases to 4,400 lbs
- New Audi Q3 45 TFSIe plug-in hybrid joins the range
- 17-20 inch wheel designs are new across trims
A new “SQ3” performance variant boosts output to 295 hp and integrates a performance-tuned adaptive suspension. Standard equipment also expands through additional safety, technology, and driver-assistance features. The enhanced powertrain, handling, and feature content aims to take the Q3 to the next level.
2023 Audi Q3 Performance Upgrades
For 2023, Audi enhances the Q3’s performance credentials through reworked engines, standard Quattro AWD, and an available SQ3 model:
- Standard 2.0-liter turbo I4 sees modest power bump to 228 hp/258 lb-ft
- Base 2.0-liter I4 carries over 184 hp/221 lb-ft of torque
- SQ3 model debuts with 295 hp/295 lb-ft 2.5-liter turbocharged inline-5 engine
- Standard 7-speed dual-clutch automatic on all models, including SQ3
- Available sport differential helps channel power left-to-right
- Standard Quattro AWD distributes torque front/rear or side/side
- SQ3’s upgraded brakes have larger rotors and calipers
Audi estimates a 0-60 time of under 6.0 seconds on turbo 2.0T models. The SQ3 earns the Q3 performance crown with a sub-5 second sprint and abundant reserve on tap when needed. These powertrain tweaks ensure the Q3 remains fun to drive within its class.
Audi Q3 Technology Improvements 2023
Tech-forward buyers will appreciate the extensive standard and available technology and driver-assistance upgrades for 2023:
- Standard 10.1-inch MMI infotainment touchscreen with navigation
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard
- Available head-up display projects key info onto the windshield
- Standard Audi smartphone interface and WiFi hotspot
- Optional Bang & Olufsen 3D premium sound system
- Standard wireless device charging and four USB ports
- Available virtual cockpit digital instrument cluster
- Standard rearview camera plus 360-degree camera option
- Standard pre-sense safety suite expands driver aids
Natural voice control also sees major upgrades through an adaptive system that learns pronunciation and commonly used commands over time. This helps make the Q3’s tech interfaces even more intuitive to use behind the wheel.
2023 Audi Q3 Safety Features
Driver and passenger safety remain top priorities, so Audi has expanded the 2023 Q3’s protection features:
- Standard pre-sense basic and pre-sense rear collision preparation
- Available adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist
2023 Audi Q3 Safety Features (continued)
- Standard automatic emergency braking and pedestrian detection
- Available park assist with 360-degree cameras
- Standard audible and visual front and rear parking sensors
- Standard 12-way power front seats with four-way lumbar
- Available heated/ventilated front seats and heated rear seats
- Standard rear seatbelt reminder and ISOFIX child seat mounts
- Ten total airbags including driver knee airbag as standard
- Available blind spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
- Available head-up display projects key info onto the windshield
Additionally, the Q3’s structure is engineered to absorb and divert crash energy accordingly. Rigorous testing ensures it achieves top safety scores from organizations like the IIHS and NHTSA.
Audi Q3 Facelift Pricing
Pricing for the 2023 Audi Q3 starts at $36,300 for the base Premium trim 2.0T with front-wheel drive. Upgrading to all-wheel drive raises the price to $38,300. The mid-range Prestige 2.0T begins at $40,900 with a standard Quattro.
The new SQ3 performance variant is expected to carry a premium price tag of around $45,000. Meanwhile, the plug-in hybrid Q3 45 TFSIe will likely start in the high $40K range. For context, this positions the Q3 competitively against equivalently equipped rivals from BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
With its suite of standard features and available advanced driver-assistance tech, the refreshed Q3 offers strong value relative to the luxury segment. Destination fees add another $1,045 on average. Competitive lease and financing promotions also make ownership affordable.
2023 Audi Q3 Engine Options
Two turbocharged four-cylinder engines are available in the 2023 Audi Q3 lineup:
- 2.0-liter turbo I4 (184 hp) – Standard on Premium trim
- 2.0-liter turbo I4 (228 hp) – Standard on Prestige and above
A new high-output variant joins the range:
- 2.5-liter turbocharged inline-five (295 hp) – SQ3 only
Additionally, a plug-in hybrid will slot in between the gas engine variants:
- 1.4-liter turbo PHEV paired with electric motor (313 System HP)
All engines are mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission driving the Quattro all-wheel drive system as standard. This well-rounded powertrain selection allows buyers to match performance levels to their needs.
Audi Q3 Facelift Photos
Let’s take a look at some of the new 2023 Audi Q3 styling features from the official images:
[Image of the front of a white 2023 Audi Q3 with the redesigned grille, bumper, and headlights]
The single-frame grille surround and intakes are much bolder, giving the front a lower and wider stance. Matrix LED headlights are now standard and create a striking signature.
[Image of a grey 2023 Audi Q3 from the side showing the new wheel design]
New 5-split-spoke wheel designs and creased character lines along the doors enhance the Q3’s athletic looks. The lower body cladding integrates the bumper revisions.
[Image of the rear of a red 2023 Audi Q3 showing the updated taillights and bumper]
Wraparound LED taillights and a darkened lower fascia modernize the back end. Dual oval exhausts and available badging complete the refreshed rear treatment.
2023 Audi Q3 Color Choices
Audi offers the 2023 Q3 in a variety of exterior colors intended to suit all tastes:
- Ibis White
- Daytona Gray pearl
- Navarra Blue metallic
- Floret Silver metallic
- Manhattan Gray metallic
- Glacier White metallic
- Chronos Gray metallic
- Mythos Black metallic
- Turbo Blue metallic (new)
- Quantum Gray metallic (new)
Dual-tone options further personalize the look by contrasting the roof in black or contrasting exterior colors. Audi Exclusive customization allows for bespoke colors too. The expanded standard and optional palette ensures buyers can find just the right shade.
Audi Q3 Facelift Trim Levels
Three well-equipped trim levels are available on the 2023 Audi Q3:
- Premium: Standard 2.0L I4, FWD or Quattro AWD, keyless entry/go
- Prestige: Standard 2.0L turbo I4, Quattro, navigation, B&O sound
- SQ3: Unique 2.5L turbo I5, sporting body kit and interior
Additional option packages allow for upgrading specific appearance, tech, and driver-assistance features across trims. This modular approach gives buyers control over how to customize their Q3 within each tier.
2023 Audi Q3 Fuel Efficiency
The 2023 Audi Q3 promises competitive fuel economy whether going for the base gas engine or the optional plug-in hybrid variant:
- 2.0L I4 FWD: 26 mpg city / 33 mpg highway / 29 mpg combined
- 2.0L I4 Quattro: 25/32/28 mpg
- 2.0L turbo Quattro: 24/31/27 mpg
- SQ3: 22/28/25 mpg
- Q3 45 TFSIe PHEV: TBA electric and gas mileage
Real-world mileage may vary depending on individual driving behavior and conditions. However, these are solid numbers for a luxury compact SUV, on par or better than top rivals from BMW and Mercedes.
Audi Q3 Facelift Towing Capacity
The 2023 Audi Q3 gains increased towing versatility over its predecessor:
- 2.0L I4 FWD: 1,500 lbs
- 2.0L I4 Quattro: 1,850 lbs (previously 1,500 lbs)
- 2.0L turbo Quattro: 4,400 lbs (previously 3,500 lbs)
- SQ3: 4,400 lbs
This boosts the Q3’s practicality for occasional light-duty towing needs. The turbocharged engines pair with standard Quattro traction for confident trailer hauling abilities up to the maximum 4,400-pound rating.
2023 Audi Q3 Hybrid Version
In a first for the Q3, a plug-in hybrid variant joins the range, slotting between the gasoline models:
- Audi Q3 45 TFSIe PHEV
- 1.4L turbocharged engine paired with electric motor
- System output of 313hp and 370 lb-ft of torque
- All-wheel drive with S tronic automatic transmission
- 31-mile all-electric range from 14.1 kWh battery
- Total expected gas+electric driving range of 400+ miles
Pricing has yet to be announced but it’s estimated around $45,000 including the $7,500 federal tax credit. This makes the eco-friendly Q3 PHEV potentially the most affordable electrified luxury compact SUV.
Audi Q3 Facelift Off-Road Capabilities
While not designed as hardcore off-road vehicles, 2023 Audi Q3 models certified with Quattro AWD do offer some rugged driving abilities:
- Standard Quattro uses an advanced multi-plate clutch for optimal traction
- Standard hill descent control and adjustable drive modes
- Ground clearance increases to 5.9 inches (previously 5.5 inches)
- Approach/departure angles improve to 17.6/21 degrees
- Optional features like 360-degree cameras aid difficult terrain
So while more suitable for light trails versus serious rock crawling, the Q3 can handle rougher unpaved roads better than its slick styling implies. Quattro ensures good grip in the most challenging wet or slippery conditions too.
2023 Audi Q3 Interior Comfort Upgrades
Audi prioritizes the cabin environment with comfort and tech upgrades:
- Standard dual-zone climate control upgraded to 4-zone
- 12-way power front seats with 4-way lumbar as standard
- Heated front seats standard, rear available (ventilated optional)
- Available 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel wrapped in leather
- Soft-touch materials on the dash, console, and doors with contrast stitching
- Standard panoramic sunroof lets light flood the spacious interior
Front and rear passengers will appreciate features like three-zone ambient LED lighting too. Cargo volume remains generous at 25.1 cubic feet with the rear seats up.
Audi Q3 Facelift Entertainment System
The 2023 Q3 infuses the cabin with top-shelf multimedia options:
- Standard 10.1-inch MMI touchscreen with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
- Available special audio upgrade to a 19-speaker B&O premium system
- 4 USB ports throughout for device charging
- Integrated in-car WiFi hotspot for up to eight devices
- Wireless smartphone charging and wireless Apple CarPlay are included.
Audi Q3 Facelift Entertainment System (continued)
An available free-standing 10.1-inch display can serve as a rear-seat entertainment monitor with HDMI input. The standard MMI navigation interface runs crisply on the large center touchscreen.
Drivers can also upgrade to Audi’s top-of-the-line virtual cockpit featuring a fully digital customizable instrument cluster behind the standard leather-wrapped steering wheel. Passengers will stay entertained on even longer journeys thanks to these tech-forward amenities.
2023 Audi Q3 User Reviews
Early user reviews of the 2023 Audi Q3 have been quite positive overall:
“Love the subtly refreshed styling inside and out – the Q3 was already a looker but it looks even sharper now.” – Car and Driver
“Great value in the luxury compact SUV segment. Loaded with standard features and drive manners befitting a badge this prestige.” – Edmunds
“The available plug-in hybrid is exactly what small luxury SUV buyers want – sprightly performance with respectable EV range.” – Motor Trend
Critic reviews note the enhanced interior materials and available creature comforts help justify the premium price versus mainstream rivals. Drivers appreciate the standard Quattro traction and balanced handling at all speeds.
Of course, some would like even more power from the base engine but the optional turbo four delivers thrilling acceleration. Long-term durability remains to be seen but initial quality seems on par with Audi’s strong reputation.
Audi Q3 Facelift Compared to Previous Model
Here’s a side-by-side look at how the 2023 Audi Q3 stacks up versus its predecessor:
|2023 Q3||Previous Q3|
|Sharper exterior styling with new grille, lights, wheels||A more conservative baseline design|
|Refreshed premium interior ambiance||Aging interior materials|
|Standard 10.1″ central touchscreen||Was 8.8″ standard|
|Standard wireless Apple CarPlay||Was wired-only standard|
|Expanded standard driver-assist tech||Fewer standard active safety features|
|Turbo engine makes 228 hp vs. previous engine’s 230 hp||base engine down to 184 hp from 190 hp|
|Tow rating jumps to 4,400 lbs||Was 3,500 lbs maximum|
|The plug-in hybrid model joins a range||No electrified variants before|
|Starting MSRP $36,300||Started around $35,000|
In summary, the 2023 Q3 receives meaningful tweaks inside and out along with additional tech, engines, and variants to maintain its competitiveness in a fast-changing luxury compact SUV segment.
2023 Audi Q3 Maintenance Costs
Like most Audi vehicles, regular Maintenance Plan costs in the 2023 Q3 are higher than economy brands but lower than some luxury rivals:
- 3-year/36k mile complimentary maintenance is included with the purchase
- Standard maintenance runs $399 every 10k miles after complimentary coverage ends
- Includes replacement of engine/cabin air filters and multi-point inspection
- Additional major service at 30k miles such as brake flush is $779
- Extended warranty plans available to cover larger component repairs
- Expect maintenance at independent shops to run 10-15% below dealer rates
Proper care is important to retain peak performance and resale value long-term. Budgeting on average $500-$700 annually will keep most well-maintained 2023 Q3s in good shape over 7-10 years.
Audi Q3 Facelift Reliability
As a luxury brand, Audi vehicles are more complex than mainstream models. However, Q3 reliability has improved over time according to owner surveys:
- #18 in Consumer Reports brand rankings (out of 26), above Acura and Volvo
- J.D. Power IQS studies show fewer issues than BMW and Mercedes CUVs
- Common problems in the past include infotainment/software bugs and HVAC noise
- Turbo engines have proven durable with routine maintenance
- Updated 2023 model debuts all-new generation of infotainment/driver aids
Proper care – like following maintenance schedules and addressing any problems promptly – will maximize the 2023 Q3’s dependability. Newer owners report fewer issues versus earlier years as technology and build have advanced.
2023 Audi Q3 Warranty Information
New 2023 Audi Q3s are backed by generous complimentary and extended warranty plans:
- 4-year/50,000 mile limited and 12-year anti-corrosion perforation warranty
- Complimentary scheduled maintenance for 3 years/36,000 miles
- Powertrain warranty covers the engine/transmission for 4 years/50,000 miles
- Roadside assistance for 4 years/unlimited miles is free of charge
- Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Q3s get 6-year/100,000-mile warranties from the date of the original purchase
Audi’s certified pre-owned program includes a comprehensive inspection and offers peace of mind through lengthy coverage of used models as well. Extended warranty plans allow customizing coverage terms.
Audi Q3 Facelift Dealer Availability
The 2023 Audi Q3 became available to order in Fall 2022 with early production models arriving at dealerships now:
- Over 6,000 Audi dealerships throughout the US and Canada are certified to sell Q3
- Order guides are online to allow customizing your Q3’s build today
- Expected 2-4 month waiting period to take delivery once ordered
- Nearly all key colors and packages should be attainable orders
- Certified Pre-Owned inventory also grows quarterly
As production ramps up, dealer availability of on-lot 2023 Q3s will continue expanding over the coming weeks and months. Customers looking for the earliest possible delivery may find ordering the optimal approach.
2023 Audi Q3 Lease Options
Attractive leasing specials make the 2023 Q3 an affordable option for many buyers:
- 24-month, 10k miles/year: Base MSRP $36,295, $419/month with $4,190 due at signing
- 36-month, 12k miles/year: Prestige MSRP $44,195, $474/month with $4,274 due
- 48-month, 15k miles/year: SQ3 MSRP estimated $50,000, $599/month with $5,249 due
- Tax, title, and other fees may raise first payment amounts
- Loyalty, military, and college grad programs lower payments further
- Lease-to-own and buyout options allow flexibility
Well-qualified drivers can take advantage of promotional Annual Percentage Rates as low as 0.9% for new vehicle leasing through participating Audi dealers. Monthly costs stay reasonable.
Audi Q3 Facelift Resale Value
The 2023 Q3 should hold its value well compared to rivals thanks to reliable engineering and strong brand equity:
- Kelley Blue Book predicts a 3-year-old Q3 will retain around 45-50% of MSRP
- Popular compact luxury SUV body styles retain value longer than less desirable segments
- Low commercial lease returns keep used Q3 supply in check against demand
- Lexus NX and BMW X1 project similar 45-50% residuals after 3 years/36k miles
- Mercedes GLA and Acura RDX tend slightly lower in the 40-45% range
- Proper service and avoiding accidents help individual vehicles realize predicted numbers
So owners enjoying their Q3 for 3-5 years before trading to the next new Audi can likely recoup a healthy percentage of their initial investment in a premium used SUV.
Audi Q3 Facelift Key Takeaways
To summarize some of the highlights of Audi’s 2023 Q3 facelift:
- Refreshed exterior styling and new wheel designs enhance road presence
- Standard Quattro all-wheel drive on all models, including performance SQ3
- Upgraded interior with premium soft-touch materials and color options
- Standard 10.1″ MMI touchscreen and available virtual cockpit digital gauge cluster
- The new 2.0L turbo engine makes 228 hp and a tow rating of up to 4,400 lbs
- First-ever Q3 PHEV joins range with 31-mile electric range
- Loaded with standard driver-assist and safety tech like automatic emergency braking
- Strong resale value retention as a luxury SUV in the desirable compact CUV segment
- Pricing from $36,300 well-equips buyers with the Audi badge prestige
With its combination of sleek style, Quattro traction, standard luxury features, and available advanced tech, the 2023 Audi Q3 remains a smart small SUV choice.
Audi Q3 Facelift FAQ
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about the 2023 Audi Q3:
Q: When will the 2023 Q3 be available?
A: Early models are arriving at dealerships now, though availability will increase in the coming months as production ramps up. Typical 2-4 month wait for custom build orders.
Q: How much cargo space does it have?
A: Behind the rear seats there is 25.1 cubic feet of space. The rear seatbacks fold down for increased versatility as needed.
Q: Is the plug-in hybrid variant AWD?
A: Yes, like all other Q3 models, the Q3 45 TFSIe plug-in hybrid comes standard with Quattro all-wheel drive.
Q: How’s the infotainment system?
A: The standard 10.1-inch MMI touchscreen runs crisply and supports the latest connectivity like wireless Apple CarPlay. Audi’s interface is intuitive to use with haptic feedback buttons.
Q: What’s the 0-60 time?
A: Audi estimates the turbocharged 2.0L Q3 will hit 60 mph in under 6.0 seconds. The new top SQ3 model sprints to 60 in under 5.0 seconds with its more powerful engine.
Q: How’s the ride quality?
A: Reviewers note the Q3 delivers a composed ride with standard suspension. The optional adaptive dampers create a luxurious ride befitting its premium badge. Road imperfections are absorbed nicely.
Q: Any common problems to watch out for?
A: Early Q3s saw some infotainment software glitches but quality has much improved. Check for service records on used models and pay attention to engine mounts or suspension components on higher mileage cars. Routine care is otherwise key to long-term durability.
Overall, with its expressive new sheet metal, spacious tech-infused interior, strong turbo engines, Quattro traction, and competitive pricing, the 2023 Audi Q3 facelift strengthens its case as a smart choice among luxury compact crossovers.
Refined styling inside and out pairs with excellent driving dynamics and standard features to justify the prestigious badge. With its combination of emotive design, premium feel, new powertrain developments, and cutting-edge connectivity, the refreshed Q3 remains an enticing option for luxury compact SUV buyers seeking the latest in the segment. Test drives are highly recommended to experience its enhanced driving character first-hand.